Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Upcoming Events

I'm going to be off the map (and on another one) from March 15th to April 5th, but I'm all set to do the Monopoly Alleycat as soon as I'm back. I have everything in a file and ready to be printed. I may even get the printing done before I leave. April 9th seems like a really nice date to me.

Here's what I can tell you:
I'm going to be trying a new format for this race. Each racer will have a piece on the monopoly game board. At the checkpoints, the racers will collect tabs with a code on them. The codes match up to a decoder sheet with dice rolls on it. The first racer to get his or her piece around the game board wins.

There will be 8 checkpoints spread around Ionia. Each checkpoint has a unique set of codes designated by a letter. If you happen to be unlucky, and can't get your game piece around the board in 8 moves, you can repeat checkpoints. You must have completed checkpoints A-H before you can start over, and when repeating you may only go to each individual checkpoint once.

Hopefully nobody will need to do 16 checkpoints...but that would be pretty hilarious.

There wont be any prizes for this race. With me being gone, I just don't have time to send out all the emails and deal with all the sponsors properly.

So that's what's up. Get excited. Spring is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment