Thursday, March 24, 2011

Report from the Field

Europe is pretty great, but so far I'm glad I was born in The States. We American's are truly lucky. It's pretty crazy how rich even Michigan is. Especially during these rough economic times. It really shows up in grocery stores. We have so many more choices, and our stores are so much nicer. It's wild.

So many more people use bicycles for transportation, and that is really cool. Most of the bikes are pretty utilitarian, but I've seen a couple $5,000+ road bikes too. There are several different types of bike lanes, and the bike lanes have their own street lights that turn green a few seconds before the car lights. There are also a TON of unmarked intersections. I can't figure out who is supposed to have the right of way, and I'm not sure anyone else knows either. You just kinda go and hope for the best.

We're heading to Paris this weekend. I'm excited about that, but I'm also starting to get excited about coming home, sleeping in my own bed, seeing my dog, and putting on this next alleycat race. Hopefully you're excited too.

No comments:

Post a Comment