Friday, May 13, 2011

Wanderlust 2011

I've got Motion City Soundtrack stuck in my head, and that can only mean one thing: It's time for a bike tour! Now a bike tour can mean a lot of different things depending on who you ask. Technically, I just want to go "bike camping", but most people don't understand the difference. (Or care that there is a difference.) Anyway, I'm planning to head on some morning, point my bike west, ride until I hit a lake to big to ride around in a day, go swimming, eat, set up camp, eat some more, maybe drink some beer, sleep, pack up, and ride back home.

Here's my route: LINK

When: This seems to be the thing I have the most trouble with. The truth is, I don't know yet. Maybe next weekend, ie, May 21st and 22nd. Maybe. Hopefully. Maybe.

Who: Me, and anybody who cares to show up at the beach at Saugatuck Dunes State Park on the day in question.

What (to bring): Ride your bike. Bring food. Bring beer if you like. Bring your sleeping bag and tent. I'm planning to camp in the woods between the entrance and the beach or on the dune overlooking the beach.

I'll nail down a date within the next few days. If nobody else can make it I'll still have a great time, but it would be cool to meet some other people on the beach. If you need to do planning, I can best be reached at pocketfullofaugerchips at gmail dot com. Otherwise, it'll be sweet to meet some folks there the day of and be surprised by who shows up.

Stay tuned for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment